Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Se habla español
(206) 621-1554


What Happens if My Driver’s License is Punched?

Posted by Raymond Ejarque | Jul 24, 2019 | 0 Comments

If you were arrested for a DUI an officer may have hole-punched your driver's license. If your license has been punched this means the officer has reported your DUI arrest to the Department of Licensing (DOL). The hole in your license represents that the license will expire within the next 60 days. During that time the DOL will take action by either suspending or revoking your license. If your breath test was .08 or higher your license will be suspended for a minimum of 90 days or up to two years.

The officer who punched your license should have given you a notice and the DOL Hearing Request form. The officer gives the notice and the form to the accused where a breath test is administered and the result was .08 or higher (.02 if a minor), or when a breath test was refused. This is required for all arrests where a breath test is administered and the result was .08 or higher, or where a test was refused. The DOL Hearing Request must be mailed in within 20 days of your arrest. If you miss the deadline your license will be automatically suspended.

If you've had your driver's license punched and been charged with a DUI we offer a free one hour consultation to discuss your options. Attorney Raymond Ejarque has over 18 years of DUI experience and offers reasonable payment plans. Please feel free to call our office at (206) 621-1554 to speak with Ray or set up a consultation.

About the Author

Raymond Ejarque

Raymond Ejarque has practiced law since his admission to the Washington State Bar in June of 1994. He started his career in public interest law helping migrant farm workers and indigents in Texas and Washington State.  Later he worked in Criminal defense as a public defender in Seattle for many y...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Experiencia En Los Cortes Y Juicios

¿Sospecha que la Policia le investiga? ¿Ha sido acusad@ de haber cometido un delito criminal grave o menos grave? ¿Ha sido arrestad@ Por Conducir Borracho?(DUI). ¿Desea limpiar su record criminal? No se preocupe, el Lcdo. Raymond W. Ejarque le puede ayudar.  Se Habla Español – Llamenos para Una Consulta Inicial Completamente Gratuita: (206) 621-1554. El Lcdo.…