Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Se habla español
(206) 621-1554


I Know I Can Refuse The Portable Breath Test (PBT) But Can I Also Refuse The Official Breath Test At The Police Station?

Posted by Raymond Ejarque | Jul 24, 2019 | 0 Comments

While it may be in your best interest to refuse the portable breath test (PBT), it is rarely a good idea to refuse the evidentiary breath test administered at the police station after your arrest. If you refuse the test at the station then your license will most likely be suspended for at least a year, maybe longer.

You might be thinking this is worth it as long as they don't have evidence of your BAC number however, even if you decide not to submit to the BAC test the prosecutor can still use your refusal as evidence of a guilty conscience. That's right, the state will seek to convince the jury that the reason you did not submit to the test was because you knew you would blow over the legal limit. Of course, in situations where you are facing a DUI you need expert legal counsel to determine what plan of action is best for you; attorney Raymond Ejarque has over twenty years of practical experience defending DUI cases and other criminal defense matters.

To speak with an attorney about your case, please contact Law Office of Raymond W. Ejarque for free and private consultation 206-621-1554 or visit our website at for more information.

The information in this blog provides no legal advice and is no way a substitute for speaking with an attorney.

About the Author

Raymond Ejarque

Raymond Ejarque has practiced law since his admission to the Washington State Bar in June of 1994. He started his career in public interest law helping migrant farm workers and indigents in Texas and Washington State.  Later he worked in Criminal defense as a public defender in Seattle for many y...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Experiencia En Los Cortes Y Juicios

¿Sospecha que la Policia le investiga? ¿Ha sido acusad@ de haber cometido un delito criminal grave o menos grave? ¿Ha sido arrestad@ Por Conducir Borracho?(DUI). ¿Desea limpiar su record criminal? No se preocupe, el Lcdo. Raymond W. Ejarque le puede ayudar.  Se Habla Español – Llamenos para Una Consulta Inicial Completamente Gratuita: (206) 621-1554. El Lcdo.…