Contact Us for a Free Consultation
Se habla español
(206) 621-1554


Can Charges be Reduced after my first DUI in WA State?

Posted by Raymond Ejarque | Jul 24, 2019 | 0 Comments

After your 1st DUI charge, it is not possible to reduce your charge even after serving a 5 year probation AND even if you your driving and criminal record is clean since your DUI charge. The chance of a reduction after pleading guilty is none.  Unfortunately, DUIs cannot be vacated (expunged). The good news is that it will not be “prior offense” for the purposes of future DUIs after 7 years and it won't affect your ability to enter Canada after 10 years.  Reducing a DUI post-conviction is impossible in the state of Washington. Unfortunately, you cannot get a charge reduced post-conviction.

I guess the lesson here is to fight your DUI with a good attorney BEFORE you are convicted.

Attorney Raymond Ejarque has over 20 years of experience fighting for your rights and DUI defense. The law offices for Raymond W. Ejarque offers free and private consultations. Please call at 206-621-1554 or visit our website at for more information.

The information in this blog provides no legal advice and is no way a substitute for speaking with an attorney. To speak with an attorney about your case, please contact Law Office of Raymond W. Ejarque for free and private consultation 206-621-1554.

About the Author

Raymond Ejarque

Raymond Ejarque has practiced law since his admission to the Washington State Bar in June of 1994. He started his career in public interest law helping migrant farm workers and indigents in Texas and Washington State.  Later he worked in Criminal defense as a public defender in Seattle for many y...


There are no comments for this post. Be the first and Add your Comment below.

Leave a Comment

Experiencia En Los Cortes Y Juicios

¿Sospecha que la Policia le investiga? ¿Ha sido acusad@ de haber cometido un delito criminal grave o menos grave? ¿Ha sido arrestad@ Por Conducir Borracho?(DUI). ¿Desea limpiar su record criminal? No se preocupe, el Lcdo. Raymond W. Ejarque le puede ayudar.  Se Habla Español – Llamenos para Una Consulta Inicial Completamente Gratuita: (206) 621-1554. El Lcdo.…